Getting To know Surfers Paradise Anglican Church
Here is some info to get you started
It’s always great to talk to someone new to the Gold Coast, new to our area, new to the Christian faith, new to the Anglican church or just new to Surfers Paradise Anglican Church – so thanks for the opportunity.
We’d love to get to know you a bit better in person, but so that you know a bit about us here is a brief picture in words:
- an evangelical flavour within the context of the Anglican Church Southern Queensland (formally the Diocese of Brisbane)
- members from nearly every part of the Gold Coast
- a vision of “Bringing Jesus to our Community”
- an average age of around 65 years of age
- a regular weekly ministry to youth and children with a service for all generations at 430pm on Sunday afternoons
- a solid commitment to mission in Jesus name, especially to the homeless and helpless of Surfers Paradise through St Johns Crisis Centre
- church services based on the formats in the various authorised prayer books
- church services that normally run for about one and a quarter hours
If you come along to join with us, the Church of the Holy Spirit at 73 Salerno Street has lots of off-street parking. St Johns at 36 Hamilton Avenue is not so fortunate and you will need to park on the streets nearby.
If you want to know more please click on the 'Contact Us' section and send me an email. I'd be happy to catch up with you and talk to you about who we are and what we are trying to do in Jesus' name.
Mike Uptin (Senior Minister/Rector)